National Junior Honor Society
Meeting Dates & Times
All students are required to attend 1 monthly meeting.
Field Middle School Chapter of The National Junior Honor Society. The purpose of NJHS, as outlined in the national constitution, are as follows:
- To Create enthusiasm for Scholarship
- To Stimulate a desire to render Service
- To Promote Leadership
- To Develop Character
- To Encourage Citizenship
This service based organization will include individual and group service projects, leadership opportunities, social events, and other activities. Members will help in deciding many of these activities.
Requirements for eligibility include the following:
- 4.0 Cumulative grade point average
- Currently enrolled in seventh or eighth grade
- Attended Field Middle School for at least one semester
- In good standing with no suspensions from school (ISS or OSS)
It is an honor to be in NJHS as members of this organization stand out from their peers. There is no set number of members chosen; however, eligibility does not guarantee selection into NJHS. Prospective members must distinguish themselves by demonstrating the pillars of NJHS: Scholarship, Service, Leadership, Character, and Citizenship. This application packet contains forms and instructions necessary for you to show your efforts in service, leadership, character and citizenship.
Requirements for continued membership each year include:
- Maintain at least a 4.0 each semester
- Maintain good character traits (Students receiving discipline referrals may be subject to a review before a faculty committee, which may result in having their NJHS membership revoked)
- Attend all scheduled membership meetings every month
- Participate in our group service projects that are determined by the society
- Pay annual chapter dues of $20.00A Student Application Form will be completed in addition to 3 teacher recommendations. Our Faculty Council will meet to review all applications and determine membership. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Goldman, NJHS Adviser, in room B6 (or email@example.com).
The 5 member faculty council (the NJHS adviser is NOT a member of this council) receives all applications, without the applicants names, they only have a number. They rate each section individually and then meet as a council to review these ratings. The council does not know which have applied or which students they have selected until the entire process is complete. Students are then notified, by mail, if they have been selected.